Alexander Henry, 'Celtic Gun', made in 1927
12 bore, bar-action sidelock ejector, side-by-side shotgun
We are extremely pleased to now offer a rare example of a 'Celtic' Alexander Henry sidelock gun. They are few and far between in the records and this one is in superb condition throughout, having been very well cared for since it was delivered in 1927. The gun features the Zoomorphic engraving pattern that was offered on Alex Martin's 'first quality sidelock ejector' guns and was then offered on Alexander Henry guns, when the company was taken over by Alex Martin in 1902.
This gun's engraving is outstanding and the action retains around 80% of its original hardening colour, and is fitted with a beautiful and deeply figured stock and all the chequering remains crisp. The barrels are in superb condition throughout, and measure very well.
The gun is currently going through our workshop and being prepared for sale.
- Price: £7250
- Action: Bar-Action sidelock, top lever with Scott spindle and Purdey bolt, Anson push-rod fore-end
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length : 29in
- Rib: 1/4in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in
- Proof: London Nitro Re-Proof at 18.6 (.732) (R) & 18.5 (.728) (L)
- Bores: .731 (R) & .730 (L)
- Walls: .033 (R) & .033 (L)
- Chokes : 1/4 (R) & FULL (L)
- Ejectors: Yes, Southgate type
- Stock dimensions: 15in to centre
- Cast Off: 3/8in
- Weight: 6lb 11oz
- Location: Dunkeld