SOLD - Fabulous pair of John Dickson and Son Round-Actions made in 1904
16 Gauge, patent triggerplate action, side-by-side shotguns
Since the first 16 bore Round-Action was delivered in August 1881, Dickson records show that only 80 Round-Actions have been made to date in 16 bore and of that, only 13 true pairs, making these an incredibly rare pair of guns for us to offer.
We are very pleased to offer this stunning and rare pair of 16 gauge Round-Action guns. They were built in 1904, the golden age of Round-Action production, where 61 Round-Actions were delivered in that year alone.
They have the fine bouquet and scroll engraving and beautiful French walnut stocks of that period. Both guns benefit from new steel barrels fitted by John Dickson and Son in 1985, which still measure as new, all fitted in their original oak and leather case.
The guns were made for gentleman from Coltness in Lanarkshire, Scotland who thoroughly enjoyed his shooting as these are one of the three pairs of guns he ordered from Dicksons and of those his second pair of 16 gauge Round-Actions.
- Gauge: 16
- Barrel Length: 27in
- Rib: 3/8in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in (65 MM)
- Proof: Birmingham Nitro Proof 1985
- Bores 1: Proved at .632 - now .633 in both
- Bores 2: Proved at .632 - now .633 in both
- Walls 1: (R) .031 (L) .032
- Walls 2: (R) .029 (L) .032
- Chokes 1: (R) 1/4 & (L) 3/4
- Chokes 2: (R) 1/4 & (L) 3/4
- Stocks: Straight-hand, 14 3/8in to centre
- Cast OFF: 3/8in
- Weight: 6lb 3oz
- Location: Dunkeld