John Dickson and Son Boxlock made in 1939
12 gauge, A & D Ejector, side-by-side shotgun
We are very pleased to offer this Dickson boxlock that has been meticulously refurbished at great expense, including the fitting of a beautiful new stock and the recolour hardening of the action. The gun has neatly sleeved barrels which measure as they were proved with solid wall thicknesses ensuring the gun has many years of use in front of it.
The gun was delivered in 1939 and it is interesting to speculate what it did during the war years that followed.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length: 27 5/8in (Sleeved)
- Rib: 3/8in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in (65 MM)
- Proof: Birmingham Nitro Proof
- Bores: Proved at .729 - now .729 in both
- Walls: (R) .032 (L) .032
- Chokes: (R) IMP CYL & (L) 1/4
- Stock: Straight-hand, 15 1/2in to centre
- Cast OFF: 3/8in
- Weight: 6lb 13oz
- Location: Dunkeld