SOLD - John Dickson and Son Boxlock made in 1911
12 Gauge, A & D Non-Ejector Shotgun
We are pleased to offer this recently restored boxlock non-ejector by John Dickson and Son. The gun is in excellent condition inside and out, having been completely renovated, including re-colour hardening the action which highlights the simple celtic rope border engraving. The barrels have been sleeved to a very high-standard and welded in, to hide the join mark and they therefore measure as new at .729 in both.
This particular gun was made in the trade by Holloway and Son in Birmingham in 1911, confirmed by the presence of a Holloway 'H' serial number for 1911 and the entry in the Dickson records.
Would make an ideal walked-up game gun and a great way to get into Dickson ownership.
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Length: 28 1/2in (Sleeved)
- Rib: 3/8in
- Chambers: 2 1/2in (65 MM)
- Proof: Birmingham Nitro Proof
- Bores: Proved at .729 - now .729 in both
- Walls: (R) .040 (L) .035
- Chokes: (R) 1/4 & (L) 3/8
- Stock: Straight-hand, 14 1/2in to centre, Drop at comb 1 5/8in, Drop at Heel 2 3/8in
- Cast OFF: 5/16in
- Weight: 6lb 8oz
- Location: Dunkeld